Our team is expanding, and we are looking for Strategists to help shape the direction of our B2B clients. You will be reporting to a strategy Partner and directly managing clients (CMO’s and COO’s). Our work is varied and will include setting the direction for marketing within the business, developing marketing and operational plans, and driving effectiveness. This is a real opportunity to make a difference with some great brands and there is significant scope for growth.
The role will encompass everything from business, brand and marketing strategy: scoping and undertaking discovery projects; segmentation and strategy definition; proposition and messaging framework development; through to campaign strategy and optimisation recommendations. We also deliver a lot of marketing team transformation projects, helping shape the marketing function to align with the future goals of the organisation and increase marketing effectiveness within the business. We are ideally looking for an all-rounder that is happy to work on these different types of projects, however we realise that you have probably come from a specialist background – be it business consulting, research and insight, brand proposition and messaging, content strategy, or digital marketing – and we’re keen to embrace this. You will need to have at 5 years’ experience in marketing if you are from a different function.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Understand key target audience behaviours, client business, impact of technology, and emerging B2B and marketing trends
- Generate and drive insight and define customer buying cycles, personas, brands, and experiences for client.
- Design of marketing team structures based on business needs, mapping competencies and skills gap analysis.
- Develop marketing strategy aligned to business goals and team capabilities.
- Develop marketing campaign strategies aligned to customer and organizational personas.
- Design, execute and manage market, competitor and audience research and analysis to deliver insights into guide strategy development
- Develop measurement frameworks for marketing activity ensuring campaigns are not just measured effectively but constantly optimised
- Support in the growth of accounts and new business pitches
Experience and Skills Required
- 6-10 years+ in a strategy role relating to business, integrated marketing, digital or brand
- Proven experience of B2B marketing, across multiple sectors
- Passion for creativity and communications in all forms. Can get as excited about a clever use of paid social as developing a value proposition
- You need to be a seasoned storyteller, with the ability to take complex information/data and simplify it in a relevant and memorable way for the audience, be it internal, client or end audience
- Experience in digital marketing, proposition development and demand generation
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently, and self-manage own time
- Spirit and drive to collaborate with internal teams and make the best work possible
- Be able to present in a manner that inspires confidence to a senior client audience
- Agency experience is essential
In addition to those already in a planning / strategy role, we would also consider applications from candidates who are currently ADs with experience in planning, or those from a business consultancy background looking for a career in marketing strategy and considering a mid-weight strategist role.
About The Magnus Club
We are a b2b strategy consultancy. We work with COO’s and CMO’s to increase the effectiveness of marketing within an organisation. This includes everything from designing a future-fit marketing organisation, including structures, skills and culture, to brand and marketing strategy development, go to market strategies for new solutions as well as marketing campaign planning.
We work as an extension of our client’s team, often on a long-term basis, as their strategy partner. We take ownership of our recommendations and make them become a reality, by managing the change and implementation process.
If a client requires creative or other specialism and do not have inhouse capability, we help find them the right partner.
Our clients are global, mid to large enterprise sized organisations who recognise that marketing plays a crucial part in helping them achieve their ambitious goals. They have often been through an M&A or digital transformation and need to align their marketing with the new priorities of the business.
How we work
We believe work is what you do not where you go to. We currently have ‘Clubhouses’ in London, Guildford and Brighton for team meetings and workspaces. However, we are not constrained by geography. You do no need to be physically present. We just ask that you are committed and a team player.
We mostly work from home, or in client offices. We work on Teams and use Monday.com to help us stay connected and be organised. We believe strongly in a healthy work life balance, and so as long as you can prioritise team and client calls we are flexible about when the work gets done. We are keen to build a culture of learning and development that is right for you and so each employee gets £500 towards development of their choice to help us all think differently. We also have a bike scheme and mental health support app.
We are built on trust, transparency and clear communications, with each other and our clients.